Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Stranger than fiction?!

Love, laughter, tears, depression, sadness, vomiting on laptops, hating your parents, nasty letters and emails. Sounds like a great book, right? Wrong! That's my life! It's real, it happened and OMG! stop the bus I wanna get off!!!!!
So the love and laughter were for me and Hubby while we were away. We had a great time, lazing by the pool, going to the spa, and just doing what we wanted. I should have known I'd pay for it.
We arrived home to a missing child. Yep, no one knew where she was. Great! Then Hubby found a letter in his draw from said child about how she hates her life here, hates her school, she's depressed and it's really great that you got what you want in life daddy but I hate mine. P.S. I love you. Umm......
By late Sunday evening we still were no closer to getting anywhere with said child when another one starts screaming from the bed room that the cat just vomited all over her laptop! What? What was he doing on your laptop? Needless to say this was not a good thing.
Then Monday I get and email from said child, 'I never want to talk to you again. Eva!'. What the...? What did I do? I replied of course but she wasn't talking to me. Duh! Finally got that it was all my fault and that I don't care about her because if I did I'd send her back to Australia to live. I just want her here to make her life hell. Well, yeah, because that certainly makes my life a bed of roses. Just watch the thorns.
Vomited on laptop still not working and we're madly trying to get it to function enough to back up the files. Yes, nothing backed up and all her school work and photographs are on there. One more Duh! moment.
Tuesday, girls taking a mental health day (sounds good doesn't it?) and we're off to get the laptop looked at. Thankfully we managed to get the stupid thing to work enough to back up the files and photos, but the keyboard wouldn't work at all. Well, jeez, I wonder why? It's not like it got drowned in cat spew! What was I thinking?
Mental health day went well. Lots of talking between the girls (I'm included here) and nasty email writing child is a little more stable. At least I hope she is, she knows where the knives are kept. Laptop got fixed, yay! New keyboard required and I have to say those little things are amazing, they just pop right out and a new one pops right in. Oh, there's a couple of screws. But anyway, it was still under warranty! No cost! Thank you very much. Good thing too because girly is off to Australia for 4 weeks on Friday and she can't go without it!!! Oh, the horror!
Wednesday, all at school, mum finally able to breathe. Now to catch up on all the things that got put on hold.

1 comment:

  1. Oh RC - my God... I feel your pain, and you poor bugger!!! I am at the other end of the child spectrum, however, have had a week in terms of the under 4 age group about on par!!

    May the parenting and writing force be with you... (and if that fails - may the alcohol fairy swoop down and drown you in your favoured beverage!!!)

    Thinking of you... hope she (you) and everyone in the periphery work it out... xxx

    ReplyDelete