Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hot seat update.

First day back went well. Another chapter done. The words were flowing well up til then, but when I finished it hit me. It's ending! This novel isn't going to make it, I had such high hopes for the word count only to find that Trey and Lana have other ideas. I should have known something was up when they hopped into bed so quickly. So now I have a Novella. I've never thought of writing one before, don't ask why, it just never crossed my mind to write that few words to tell a story. But now that I have I'm actually quite intrigued by the idea. I'm a bit impatient when it comes to stories, which is probably why I'm a speed reader, you know, have to get to the end. So why has this never come up in my writing before? It's quick and just think how many more you could get done. I guess because I'd always been looking at the print market and Harlequin in particular, I was never really exposed to this length before. Don't get me wrong it's not that short, but it'll definitely be shorter than any other story I'm working on. come to think of it a couple of my wip's would be better suited to a smaller word count. I'm going to have to take a closer look at the shorter length and see where it takes me.
Anyway, there's probably another couple of chapters to go before Trey and Lana see there HEA, so I better get back there. They're about to have a big black moment, and Trey's gonna be pissed when he finds out Lana has the keys to the car he's trying to drive.

Don't let something pass you by because you're too set in your ways.

Rachel.C

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the idea of a novella! It is always better to just tell the story and not try to add conflict and fluff to get to a certain word count. Things change. My wip started out as a single title, but now will have half the word count. Sometimes these characters just know better. We need to listen to them! Have a great one- love ya!

    Devon

    ReplyDelete