Saturday, January 26, 2008

WINNER!!!!!

Before I left for Sydney last year I sent off an entry in a competition, I actually sent it from the airport. So yesterday I'm doing emails and I see one from Expat Living magazine and I think, what are they putting on now?! They're always sponsoring some fair or show or something, so I thought I won't bother with it now, I'll look later (as in tomorrow, maybe). Yes, you can kick me for being slack, I've already kicked myself. I kept going for about another three hours, I was reviewing and I got caught up in the book, sue me. I went back to my emails because as you know my cyber-friend and author (do you like the way I plugged knowing an author?) Nicole Austin (plugging Nicole now, website link on the side) was having a fun time with her bookmarks, which she's sending one to me, anyway, I actually looked at the subject.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Huh!
Curiosity got the better of me, I know curiosity killed the cat but this time the cat got cream!
Hot damn, I won that competition!
Yep, that's me the winner!
So here's what I got:-
An overnight stay for two in the newly renovated Pan Pacific Singapore, breakfast in bed, champagne and strawberries, and a specially-prepared candlelit dinner at Global Kitchen - which the chef promises, will make use of plenty of aphrodisiacal ingredients to get you both in the mood! Also a door gift, flute of champagne each and a rose. Total prize valued at over $900 Singapore dollars!
It's for the month of Feb which besides having valentine's day in it also has my birthday. How cool is that? So now we have to work out when Chris is away so we can decide when to go. I can't wait. I've never won anything this good before, well, personally, I did win the critique from Amie Stuart but I put that in a different ball park.
So as much as these last few months have been bad, they've also been good. Hopefully this is a sign of more good things to come.

You've got to be in it to win it!

Rachel.C

5 comments:

  1. Rachel, that is so cool! I'm jealous :) Sorry it took me so long to get over here! I don't know why I didn't realize you had a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shelli, nice to see you. I plan to take pix so I'll post one here. Don't know when exactly we're going but I'll blog it.
    'See' ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel
    Huge congratulations, way to go girl. I hope you and Chris have a wonderful time. You sooooo deserve it.
    Hugs
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is so much better than winning the 'U.K. Lottery' (yeah right!) on an almost daily basis. Enjoy your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome, Rachel! Congrats on the win. I hope you have a fabulous time. :D

    ReplyDelete