Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Can I breathe now?

Whoa!
Where do I start with everything that's been going on here?
First I'll say guilty of doing no writing on the weekend. We had a couple of BBQ's with some Aussie's that live here in Singapore, one at lunch and one at dinner, on Saturday. My alcohol supply is now minus TWO bottles of champagne and that's all I'm going to say about that. As one would expect Sunday was a waste of a day. 100 words. sigh
I've been reading for the competition I'm judging plus I've done a review and edits on two others so that's kept me busy.
Then there was the shock arrival of two new members to our household. We've managed to find ourselves the new family of two 4 week old kittens that were dumped in the playground downstairs. Don't get me wrong, they're gorgeous and cute, and so much like having babies in the house. Feeding every three hours, crying at all hours, vet visits. I must say they're very impressive with their skills at toileting. Not one accident so far, both appear to be completely house trained. My girls have claimed them and their mothering skills have been brilliant, so other than when the kids are at school I'm just supervising.
Back to the writing. Not sure where I was last update but I've managed a bit and when I'm finished here I'll be getting back to it. I'm happy with my total for Sven so far and even more happy with the new story, Flash Point. I'd planned for it to be a short and around 10,000 words but judging be the first 2,245 it may prove a bit longer. On A Wing And A Prayer is still in the black moment which has given me a few notes of things that need changing when it comes time to edit. but I'm looking forward to it.
The new blog is great and I'd like to thank everyone for popping over there and for those who've commented I appreciate your support. I'll be blogging over there again later today, I want to get some writing done first.
I hope everyone else working with Sven has the Word God shinning on them.

Help others to achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours. - Les Brown.

Rachel C

No comments:

Post a Comment