Friday, September 7, 2007

Going on the record!

Here it is, the record of my journey to publication.
Things are getting serious now.
I'm just about finished an on-line course at Gotham Writer's Workshop. I've 'met' some great girls during these last few weeks. Five of them are in the US and one is in the UK, which gets confusing when you think about all the time differences. My writing has been getting back to a steady flow since I signed up. I have to tell you I was getting just a little concerned that my muse had some how been packed in with the things that went to storage or was lost on the trip up here. But she found me again. Good thing too, because I was about to send out a search party.
I had such plans for my writing when we moved to Singapore from Australia and finally they're falling into place. So if I'm having to put down here what I'm up to and what I've sent off, it'll motivate me to keep pushing forward.
Speaking of pushing forward, yesterday I sent off two entries for a contest. Only small ones, the contest is called High Five, and as the name suggests, it's the first five pages of your MS. So polishing done, I sent the first five from my fully finished MS and the first five of the one I've moved onto. I don't even know when it'll be judged. It's been so long since I entered anything that I just wanted to get something out there. You gotta be in it to win it, right?
As well as the course, editing and re-writing my MS and moving onto the next one, I'm working on a small word count story that I'm thinking off submitting to an e-publisher. This is a new thing for me, having only just discovered e-books, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I've also got an idea for a story set here in Singapore, but I think I'll just put it in my ideas book and get back to it later.
Well, I'm off to get some more editing done, I think I'll take it down by the pool as it's another sunny day in Singapore.
Hope all are well and dreams are coming true.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment