Thursday, September 13, 2007

Smooth sailing all the way.

Now that the boat's no longer rocking I might be able to get back to work. Well, nothing like a couple of little earthquakes to shake things up. Nothing's been right since yesterday and I'm just waiting for the kids to go to bed so I can have some peace and quiet. Melma's hovered all day, I'm sure she thought I'd leave her behind if I left. There's no way that's happening, who'd do all the work while I write? The kids have been noisy and annoying since they got home, more than normal. Chris is out to dinner, thank God, or he'd be a pain too. And to top it all off, I've got nothing done today. Well, I did read the final lecture for my course and I did read the piece I need to critique and I did start my homework for this week and I've updated both my blogs, twice. Wow, I did get a bit done. It didn't seem like it but now that I've put it in writing it's quite a bit. I don't feel so bad now.

I've been receiving emails from some of the writers on the romaus online group. I even got one from a fellow Aussie who's just moved to Switzerland. And being new to this online chat business I nearly fell over when this flashing started on my screen while I was checking my emails. I thought I'd killed something, again. But no, there I was chatting with Switzerland. Live! It still amazes me that we can do that. So, I learnt how to msn when we moved up her 5 months ago and now I'm learning to IM (I think that's what it's called) on yahoo! Sometimes I scare myself. I'm learning so many new things about cyber-space, who knows, maybe I'll find all those missing things I've sent out there over the last few years.

Tomorrow's going to be a non-productive (am I making up words again?) day, what with Robbie's teacher interview and a visit to the tax man. (shudder) Gotta finalize all the Aussie stuff.

Spread the sunshine, smile it costs nothing.

Rachel.C

No comments:

Post a Comment