Sunday, October 7, 2007

Kid in a candy store!

Yep, that's what I feel like. A kid in a candy store. I don't know which way to go first. I'm checking in on the blog and what do I find? Two, yes two authors have sent me comments. Breathing is under control now. It was touch and go there for a while. Friday night my time I hoped on to the Fallen Angel Reviews Chatter site to join in with the authors from Cobblestone Press. Oh what fun I had. These ladies were great, answering question, leaving excerpt of their work and just chatting back and forth. It took me a while to get up to speed but once I did I was off and running. I've collected a lot of new websites to check out and a lot of new titles for my list to buy. Budget? What budget? (LOL) So I'm chatting away and up pops a familiar name Karen Erickson. Another author I've reviewed, had to say hello. Then in pops Shelli Stevens and here we are talking in real time instead of by email. I have to admit to being a bit star struck and even though it was well after midnight there was no way I was going to go to sleep. Not that I sleep that much anyway, but I live in hope. I asked some questions, got some great advise and encouragement and now I'm getting ready to get where I want to be. Published. I've decided it's all in the mind, I want to be published so that's what I'll be. And as they say in Star Wars, 'may the force be with you'.
I'm going to ignore that pesky voice that says 'that sux! redo it!', I'm going to ignore the fact that I can't write and plot, I know, what do you mean 'no plot'? I can't, if I plot the whole thing falls apart. I'm a scener, no order and not always the same story, but I love joining the dots. It works for me and my best writing comes when I just let it flow. Kind of like a river. If you dam it up and force it to flow your way you take the life out of it. Then it just all builds up until it over flows and goes where it wants anyway. What a waste of manpower.
I don't even think I'm making sense now. Hope everyone has fun joining my dots.
I'm looking forward to the NaNoWriMo even though I'm not sure what I'm going to write. I guess I'll just wing it, it's what I do best anyway.
Enough of the rambling back to the writing. Oops, got a couple of reviews to do too.
To all the wonderful girls who were on Chatters on Friday, thank you for a wonderful time. It was great to 'meet' you all. To Shelli and Karen, I can't believe I did the pair thing. To Shelli and J.T. thanks for leaving a message on my blog, even if it did make me look like a two year old on a sugar high when I read them.

Life is like a cup of tea. It's how you make it!

Rachel.C

5 comments:

  1. I loved getting to chat with you at FAR! And I hope you DO submit and get your work published soon! You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Rachel I had a great time chatting with you on Friday! And definitely don't give up - write, submit then do it all over again! Have faith in yourself - as Shelli said, you can do it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel
    I'm so glad you're getting such great feed back from your reviews.

    Looking forward to participating in NaNoWriMo with you & following your journey through your blog. Catch up with you soon.
    regards
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your analogy of the river. So true! I put on my blog that with three or four stories going on in your head at the same time you are definitely the "goddess pantster". I have a friend who is an aspiring musician (and we think we have it hard- a record deal- almost impossible)and he had a great piece of advice: Accept that failure is not an option and keep going until you reach your destination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel! You have a great attitude. just write and kick the internal editor out (says she who struggles on a daily basis with the evil troll)! Sorry I missed the FAR chatters. I'm hopeless at chatting!

    ReplyDelete